Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Equality & Intervention
All students are equally valued at our Academy, and we strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination whilst developing an environment where all students can flourish and feel safe.
The Academy is committed to inclusion, and part of our strategic planning involves developing cultures, policies and practices that include all students. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to students who may have experienced previous difficulties. This does not mean that we will treat all students in the same way, but that we will treat them in ways that take in to account their varied life experiences and needs.
Inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, demographic group, ethnicity, additional needs, attainment, or background. We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups of learners:
- Students from families that are financially disadvantaged (PP - Pupil Premium)
- Students who arrive with below nationally expected ability in any area (LAS)
- Students from minority faiths, ethnicities, travellers, asylum seekers, refugees
- Students who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- Students who have Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Students who are Gifted and Talented (G&T)
- Students who are Looked After Children (LAC)
- Young carers, sick children, or children from families under stress