Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Complaints, Charging, Privacy & Freedom of Information
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the Academy or a person associated with the Academy, then you may wish to make a complaint. In the first instance, complaints should be addressed to the Principal, Ms Terrie Askew, at the Academy via the Principal's PA.
|Principal's PA: Mrs Hannah Boyce
Telephone: 020 8304 4916
If your complaint is about the Principal, then contact the chair of Governors via the Clerk to the Academy Governing Body.
|Clerk to the Academy Governing Body: Ms Linda Callaghan
Telephone: 020 8304 4916
The Academy provides a free education for students of all abilities. However, the Governors of the Academy reserve the right to charge in the following circumstances:
- The full costs of board and lodging on residential visits
- The full costs associated with individual or small group tuition in the playing of a musical instrument, whether in or out of Academy time (in most cases the Academy subsidises such lessons)
- The full costs of activities which take place wholly or mainly outside of Academy hours, but which are not provided as part of the syllabus for a prescribed public examination and are not required in order to fulfil statutory duties related to the National Curriculum or to Religious Education
- The full costs of entering a student for a public examination not prescribed in regulations and for preparing the student for such an examination outside Academy hours
- The full costs of re-sits of prescribed public examinations where no further preparation has been provided by the Academy
- The full costs of entering a student for a prescribed public examination where the Governing Body has decided there are educational reasons for not entering the student
- Where a trip is proposed which is not a compulsory part of the curriculum, parents will be invited to make a contribution to cover the costs involved. This will be on the understanding that if there is insufficient support the proposed trip will not take place
- Cost of ingredients or materials for practical subjects, where parents have indicated in advance, a wish to own the finished product
Our full Charging & Remissions Policy can be found further down the page.
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
The Harris Federation are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the Academy about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the Academy. This is to assist in the smooth running of the Academy and/or enable individuals to be paid. This personal data includes some or all of the following: identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number; characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details; post “A” level qualifications; and absence information.
The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- improving the management of school workforce data across the sector
- enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- allowing better financial modelling and planning
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring
- supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Board and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body
We are required to pass on some of this data to the Department for Education (DfE). If you require more information about how the DfE store and use this data, please go to their website.
We will not give information to anyone outside the Academy, Harris Federation, or the DfE without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
|Harris Federation of South London Schools
Address: 4th Floor, Norfolk House, Wellesley Road, Croydon CR0 1LH
Tel: 0208 253 7777
|Ministerial and Public Communications Division
Address: Department for Education, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD
Telephone: 0370 000 2288
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public right of access to information produced in the course of the Federation’s work.
There are exemptions to this right. In particular data about living, identifiable people ('personal data') continues to be covered by the Data Protection Act and is not generally publicly available except to the "subject" of the data - that is, the person whom the data is about.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, the Harris Federation of South London Schools has developed a Publication Scheme which lists all the documents which the Federation will make public as a matter of routine.
If the information you are looking for is not available on our Publication Scheme which can be found further down the page, you can make a request for the information you require in writing. Please make sure you first read our Charging Policy for information about any cost you may be liable for.
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation for which the Funding Agreement may be seen here. The Academies own Supplementary Agreement can be found below.