Our Building, Culture & Ethos
Our Academy has a can-do enterprising culture in which everyone is stretched, nurtured and encouraged.
By the time they leave the Academy, we want our young people to be happy and educated with the desire and drive to succeed.
- Each student gets the individual care and attention they need to thrive and achieve their personal best;
- Teachers bring learning alive and class sizes are kept as small as possible;
- Students participate in a broad range of after-school activities, ranging from robotics to set design and choir;
- All students contribute to academy life by taking on positions of responsibility. This may, for example, be through directing an academy play, captaining a sports team or playing in a band;
- Everyone works together to maintain a happy, safe and orderly environment. We instil mutual respect between students and staff and have zero tolerance of bullying in any form;
- We promote high expectations and set standards of excellence. Students will be encouraged to stay on at the academy for Sixth Form.
At Falconwood, our learning ethos is at the heart of ensuring the achievement and success of all our students. Learning is highly structured in terms of the learning routines we expect our students to respect and engage in, every lesson.
This high level of structure ensures a consistent approach to how our students learn, and allows the inclusion of all learners, through a personalised approach to teaching, whilst at the same time creating the best possible environment which allows learning and teaching to thrive.
By focusing on the importance of independent as well as group learning, and developing both personal and thinking skills, students at Falconwood learn how to be resourceful, resilient, and reflective learners.
This ensures that students at Falconwood are leaders of their own learning.