- You are here
- Academy Information
Our academy has a can-do enterprising culture. Our students know that, through hard work and determination, they can achieve anything and everything they set their minds to.
We combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. With these core principles
in place, we develop our students into happy, educated young people with the desire and drive to succeed.
It is very important to us that, whatever an individual student’s starting point is, he or she is given the opportunities needed to achieve his or her personal best. We are therefore particularly excited about our new Sixth Form, which opens next September, and our brand new building which will follow.
We welcome students of all abilities and from all backgrounds. Our teachers take the time to get to know and understand each student. Whether they need to be stretched, are struggling or are somewhere in the middle, we always meet their needs.
The academy has a can-do enterprising culture.
- Offering a full, broad and balanced curriculum and ensuring students of all academic abilities enjoy learning;
- Giving each student the individual care and attention they need to thrive and achieve their personal best;
- Treating each other with care and respect and maintaining a safe and orderly environment;
- Running a fun and exciting range of extracurricular activities;
- Having high expectations and a new Sixth Form worth staying on for.
There are 900 students in Years 7 to 11 with 180 places in Year 7. We are a state funded independent school and all places are free of charge. Our full admissions policy is included as an insert at the back of this prospectus.
With Best Wishes
Ms Terrie Askew
Principal, Harris Academy Falconwood