Welcome to Harris Falconwood
I have great pleasure in announcing that Harris Academy Falconwood has been rated as an “Outstanding” Academy by Ofsted for a second consecutive time.
Ofsted inspectors visited the Academy for two days in late November and found it to be ‘Outstanding’ overall and ‘Outstanding’ for Achievement, Quality of Teaching, Behaviour and Safety of Students, and for Leadership and Management.
The full Ofsted report is available from the link on the left. However, I have taken some bullet points from the report which make particularly good reading. In their report, inspectors said;
- "All students between the ages of 11 and 16 make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects, including English and mathematics"
- "Students quickly develop a wide range of skills, including literacy and numeracy; this helps them to make outstanding progress in their learning"
- "All staff are highly ambitious for the students, and as a result all students have high aspirations for their future academic achievements and personal development"
- "Support for disabled students and those with special educational needs is very good; teaching assistants are used very well in lessons to support students in their learning"
- "Students’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is outstanding, they work hard and concentrate very well in lessons"
- "Leadership at all levels, including that of the Principal and governors, is outstanding"
- "Students are aspiring to study at the top universities in Britain, this is a realistic prospect and illustrates the impressive work the Academy has done in raising their aspirations"
I hope you are as proud of the students and staff at the Academy as I am and I would also like to thank you for all of your support and particularly the very positive comments that were made by parents/carers on the Ofsted questionnaire.
Ms Terrie Askew, Principal