FOI, Privacy Notices, Complaints, Whistle-Blowing, Funding & Charging Policy
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the Academy or a person associated with the Academy, then you may wish to make a complaint. In the first instance, complaints should be addressed to the Head of Academy, Mr Tom Street, at the Academy via the Head of Academy's PA.
|Mrs Hannah Boyce
Telephone: 020 8304 4916
If your complaint is about the Head of Academy or any member of the Governing Body, then contact the Chief Executive Officer's office.
|Harris Federation Head Office,
4th Floor Norfolk House,
Croydon CRO 1LH
Copies of Website Information
The Academy will provide upon request, paper copies of any website page or information on the website.
The Academy provides a free education for students of all abilities. However, the Governors of the Academy reserve the right to charge in the following circumstances:
- The full costs of board and lodging on residential visits
- The full costs associated with individual or small group tuition in the playing of a musical instrument, whether in or out of Academy time (in most cases the Academy subsidises such lessons)
- The full costs of activities which take place wholly or mainly outside of Academy hours, but which are not provided as part of the syllabus for a prescribed public examination and are not required in order to fulfil statutory duties related to the National Curriculum or to Religious Education
- The full costs of entering a student for a public examination not prescribed in regulations and for preparing the student for such an examination outside Academy hours
- The full costs of re-sits of prescribed public examinations where no further preparation has been provided by the Academy
- The full costs of entering a student for a prescribed public examination where the Governing Body has decided there are educational reasons for not entering the student
- Where a trip is proposed which is not a compulsory part of the curriculum, parents will be invited to make a contribution to cover the costs involved. This will be on the understanding that if there is insufficient support the proposed trip will not take place
- Cost of ingredients or materials for practical subjects, where parents have indicated in advance, a wish to own the finished product
Our full Charging & Remissions Policy can be found further down the page.
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the Federation and its Academies use any personal data about its students. We, the Harris Federation, comply with this right by providing Privacy Notices to parents/carers and students, as appropriate, where we are processing their personal data.
Harris Federation is the Data Controller for the purposes of data protection law and therefore will determine the purposes for which personal data is processed (the ‘why’ and the ‘how’). Your Academy and authorised 3rd parties, e.g. ParentPay, process and ‘use’ data on behalf of the Federation and are therefore Data Processors.
We collect and use personal data about the students who attend our Academies, in order to provide an outstanding education. This personal data includes identifiers such as name, address and contact details of parents/carers, characteristics such as ethnic group, nationality and language, attendance information, test results, medical conditions, and special educational needs information.
This data is used for a variety of reasons, including:
- Support student learning.
- Protect student welfare.
- Monitor and report on student progress.
- Contact students and parent/carers when we need to.
- Provide appropriate pastoral care.
- Assess the quality of the services we provide.
- Administer admissions waiting lists.
The Federation and its Academies will ensure that all personal data is processed fairly and lawfully, is accurate, is kept secure and is retained for no longer than is necessary. We do not share personal information about our students with any third party without consent, unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. For example we are required to pass on some data to the Department of Education (DfE).
See our Privacy notices below to learn how we collect, use, protect and share the personal information about our students.
If you have any question, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned the Privacy Notice(s), please contact the Federation’s Data Protection Officer (DPO), details below:
Data Protection Officer Harris Federation 4th Floor Norfolk House Wellesley Road, Croydon CR0 1LH Email: email@example.com Tel: 0208 253 7777
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public right of access to information produced in the course of the Federation’s work.
There are exemptions to this right. In particular data about living, identifiable people ('personal data') continues to be covered by the Data Protection Act and is not generally publicly available except to the "subject" of the data - that is, the person whom the data is about.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, the Harris Federation of South London Schools has developed a Publication Scheme which lists all the documents which the Federation will make public as a matter of routine.
If the information you are looking for is not available on our Publication Scheme which can be found further down the page, you can make a request for the information you require in writing. Please make sure you first read our Charging Policy for information about any cost you may be liable for.
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation for which the annual report, annual audited accounts, memorandum of association, articles of association and funding agreement can be found here. The Academy’s own supplementary funding agreement can be found below.