Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Student Home Working Information & Resources
Online Learning and Working from Home
What is expected of students?
You are expected to complete and submit work for all tasks set by your teachers by the given deadlines. The tasks will be set on Microsoft Teams. Your teacher will use this platform to monitor your completion of the tasks and to provide feedback. You will be given deadlines, which you are expected to meet.
If your teacher is concerned that you may be falling behind, they will first contact you on Teams to check that you understand and make sure you have enough support to complete the work. This is exactly as they would do at the Academy.
Just like at the Academy, if your teacher is very concerned that you aren’t logging into Teams and completing work, despite them having communicated with you, they will contact your parent or carer and raise the concerns with them.
The best way for you to manage your workload at home is to follow your timetable closely; you must be disciplined with this. Your teachers will provide you with enough work.
How can I get help from my teacher?
If you have attempted a task and you find you are unable to complete it because you need more guidance, you should first message your teacher on Teams and then by email if you don’t get a response – there is a risk that your message may not have reached your teacher if something has gone wrong.
You can always use the ‘chat’ function in Teams to seek support during Academy hours. You should never just ‘leave’ the work; you are responsible for managing your work and it must all be completed in full and turned into Teams on time.
How should I communicate with my teacher?
This section has guidance about how to communicate with your teacher and other students about schoolwork, Academy matters or any worries or questions you may have.
You should send messages using Teams and/or email to your teachers to ask questions or for support. This communication is all accessible on the Teams page allowing your teachers instant access to your queries.
All Teams communication should be made between the normal Academy hours on weekdays. Your teachers will not communicate with you outside of these times. Your communication and all messages on Teams should be formal.
How will I know when the Academy is going to open again?
New information from the Academy about coronavirus, including details of possible Academy closures, can be found at harrisadvice.org.uk. This will always have the very latest information.
We will also update the Academy website, please ensure you are checking this for new announcements that will be shown on the home page. Letters and emails to your parents/carers will be sent to keep them up to date.
You won’t easily be able to call the Academy as there will be limited reception staff on duty. If there are any changes or any guidance published by exam boards for your examinations, we will let you know of this immediately.
How do I access the remote working systems (Sharepoint & Teams)?
We are still developing this list but we hope you find it helpful.
Bedrock Learning is available for all students in Key Stage 3, students should be completing two lessons a week
- bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zcbchv4 - GCSE Bitesize for Literature and Language
- youtube.com/channel/UCM2vdqz-7e4HAuzhpFuRY8w - Mr Bruff’s Youtube Channel – Really good lessons on all of the literature and language topics to watch and revise from
- sparknotes.com/ - More literature revision for the key texts
- sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/macbeth/ - No Fear modern translations of all of Macbeth
- quizlet.com/en-gb - website full of interactive quizzes on language and literature topics
- youtube.com/ - to watch full film versions of Macbeth or ACC to consolidate knowledge, or shorter animated tales/summaries
- memrise.com/apps/ - Literature and quote revision
- senecalearning.com/ - English Revision site
- bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
- twinkl.co.uk/offer - Access to resources for language and literature. Use code – UKTWINKLHELPS and under occupation say ‘parent’
- aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-literature-8702/assessment-resources - official AQA website for Literature. Access to past papers, mark schemes and examiner reports.
- aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-language-8700/assessment-resources?f.Sub-category%7CF=Sample+papers+and+mark+schemes – official AQA website for Language. Access to past papers, mark schemes and examiner reports.
- literacytrust.org.uk/family-zone/zone-in - Boost your literacy skills and beat lockdown boredom with Zone In
- hegartymaths.com This should be year 11’s first point-of-call where they can access a wide variety of rich GCSE resources and videos
- Mathsgenie.co.uk Year 11s can access predicted and past papers available with mark schemes
- corbettmaths.com Year 11s can access topic questions to help them revise on their areas of development
- mrbartonmaths.com Year 11s can access predicted and past papers available with mark schemes
- mathsbot.com Year 11s can access topic questions to help them revise on their areas of development. This website allows you to focus on specific assessment objectives (e.g. problem solving)
- onmaths.com Year 11s can access online exam style questions which are instantly marked. This website also provides full predicted papers, with a video walkthrough
- SENECA senecalearning.com
- BBC Bitesize
- KS4 Revision guides + workbooks
- AQA practicals - youtube.com/results?search_query=aqa+required+practicals&safe=active
- youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw - Free Science Lessons
- youtube.com/channel/UCBgvmal8AR4QIK2e0EfJwaA/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=22 – Youtube Tutorials for Science
- Doodle: doddlelearn.co.uk/app/login
- Physics and Maths Tutor: physicsandmathstutor.com/
- Save my Exams: savemyexams.co.uk/
- Podbean app: podbean.com/podcast-detail/6d7i8-7aafb/GCSE-Science-Podcast
- Podbean app – Miss McNeill: The Last Push Podcast - mkmcneill.podbean.com/
- bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zgp6mnb - Weimar & Nazi Germany
- youtube.com/channel/UCFQil7fsvemvnF3cmhnBFFQ - Crime and Punishment as well as other topics
- youtube.com/watch?v=xTCb921qBR4&safe=active – Plots against Elizabeth
- youtube.com/watch?v=0z4vMhY1EqE&safe=active – How to answer a 12 mark question
- youtube.com/watch?v=ildG-hMf86A&safe=active – How to answer a 16 mark question
- youtube.com/watch?v=WF1MhGayfuQ&safe=active – How to answer a 4 mark question
- youtube.com/channel/UCDdeyxToNV6zYYwDuaqey6Q - EDEXCEL guidance for all questions
- senecalearning.com/ - History Revision site
- senecalearning.com - Geography Revision site
- geography.learnonthe internet.co.uk/gcse/revision.html
- Quizlet (greatHAFespanol2017)
- Duolingo's online Spanish language learning programme
- Notes, video tutorials and tests by BBC Bitesize
- Seneca Learning AQA Spanish
- Grammar activities on Lingolia
- Learning activities by spanishrevision.co.uk
- Various resources from languagesonline.org.uk
- Flash cards, quizzes and more from getrevising.co.uk
- Fast Past papers AQA Spanish
- Google search 'GCSE Spanish AQA revision’
- tutor2u.net/business (Revision Site)
- Revisionworld.com (Business past papers)
- BBC bitsize.co.uk (OCR business)
- qualifications.pearson.com (Business exam material)
- Gojimo the vocabulary revision App
- BBC Bitesize Drama Revision, example exam questions and quizzes - bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zdb6xyc
Art & Design
- You tube Tate Shots for artist research
Physical Education & Sports Studies
- PAPER1: understanding key concepts and processes of cultural transmission, families and education and research methods
- Paper 2: social differentiation and stratification, crime and deviance and sociological enquiry and research methods
- To look at the specification and find practice exam papers: eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/sociology/gcse/
- You can use this site to test your revision: quizlet.com
- bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zbbw2hv (education, families and crime and deviance ONLY)
- senecalearning.com/ (there are sociology resources here)
Food Preparation & Nutrition